Friday, September 26, 2008

Obedience is better than Sacrifice

This morning as I was sitting down to breakfast with my two lovely children we were talking about obedience. We have been having some difficulties with this subject, hence the reason we are talking about it. I ask my girl if she understands what the phrase "Obedience is better than sacrifice" means. As a nine year old I really did not expect her to but I thought I would ask. She did not know and I was able to share with her that before Jesus came to earth people had to sacrifice animals to God to obtain His forgiveness. When Jesus came and died on the cross He became the ultimate sacrifice. When we disobey (sin) on purpose we nail Jesus back to the cross. That is not God's intention. However, we ALL have sinned and fall short of His glory. (Romans 3:23)That is why Jesus came. We try not to sin, but when we do we can ask for forgiveness. No way can we ever be perfect. But we can be forgiven.

Once we know we are in disobedience we need to turn and run back to God. As a child runs to her daddy, we can run to God. He loves you, Love Him Back.

DeAnna

No comments: